Skincare 101: Things you do not see

Dear readers,

After months of me being a huge slacker as I always am *cough*, today I want to talk about some problem that may seem so minor to be a skincare issue for we are not aware of the damage, often an accumulated one, they can cause.

Before planning out what skincare products you may need to buy, there is a couple of beauty tips I'd like to share with you regarding the basic skincare ideas.


Here we goooo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what is it that we do not see, yet matter so much when it comes to basic skincare?





POLLUTION and UV radiation
are the two major factors causing environmental damage to the skin.


(<--This is what happens when you don't clean your window for 3 months. DO YOU SEE THE POLLUTION NOW)








HOW DO WE PROTECT OUR SKIN (or how do I try to protect mine)



1) PUT ON SUNSCREEN (please)


                                               
                                                     (Coola mineral sunscreen, spf 30+)


Putting on sunscreen on my face was the idea I used to find unpleasing, because I thought all the sunscreen in this whole universe would give me the classic, greasy touch on the skin. What makes it worse is the fact when I lived in Taiwan, where my combination skin tended to get more oily, my pores were easily clogged. So I used to reject sunscreen's benefits with a long face.


OH DEAR WAS I SO WRONG.


If we go out without putting on sunscreen(suncream, sunblock), sun exposure does not only dry out our skin on the surface, but also damages the skin, leaving spots, redness and possibly darkens your scars.

After listening to my dermatologist (which I really should have done so long ago), I started putting on sunscreen, both tinted ones that give me a bit of light coverage and the plain ones. AND MIRACLES HAPPENED.

I have really sensitive skin, so I get a lot of redness and peeling skin after exposing to sun for some time. However, after protecting my skin from UV radiation using sunscreen, the redness got reduced and I rarely got skin peeled for dehydration.

Finding the right sunscreen, though, is tough, like any other 'THE-product' discovery. I should share with you some of my sunscreens in the future post.


Start your sunscreen hunting now! : )



2) CLEAN YOUR FACE, in the right way

I know most of you may already include washing your face into daily routine, but here's some of my extra tips to help you improve the way you clean your pretty faces.







* Use a soft cleansing cloth/face towel, wash it after use and get a new one after one month!




 (Eve Lom Muslin Cleansing Cloth)






After using a face cleanser, damp a soft cleansing cloth and wash your face with it. Treat your face like......baby skin, do not use thick towel to scrub your face! Do it gently!

Also, since bacteria thrives inevitably in our environment, do not use that one and only face towel always. As you throw away your toothbrush after using it for a while (I hope you do), you are recommended (please) to do the same to the fabric you use to touch your face literally everyday, at least twice. I mean. Seriously.






* Use make-up remover to remove sunscreen, bb/cc cream or anything that you don't consider it make-up products.




(Cotton wool pads, Bioderma sensitive skin make-up remover)




Make-up remover does not only remove your make-up, but also can be used to remove the dust and oil on your face. To thoroughly cleanse our faces yet avoid over cleansing it when washing our face, we can firstly gently remove the dirtiness and other products with gentle make-up remover.



3) STOP TOUCHING YOUR FACE WITH YOUR HANDS (yes YOU, I am talking to you, who just touched your spots)

BACTERIA EVERYWHEREEE. So your hands are always quite dirty, and will probably never be 100% clean. Wash your hands before you need to apply any product to your face, and STOP touching your spots because it causes infection.

Bad habits die hard, but THEY NEED TO DIE.


4) SLEEP ON A CLEAN PILLOWCASE

Similar idea to choosing the right face cloth and getting new ones after use.

When we sleep, there's hair oil, face oil and they are embraced by our pillowcases every night. Do you want to lay your face onto the surface of accumulated bad oil and bacteria? No no no no no no no.

Well, since normal human beings like me don't just throw away my pillowcases, I always place a clean towel on my pillow, and change it after use. It is easier to wash towel! But, of course, I wash my pillowcases every two weeks : )


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are some baby steps I took on my skincare journey! They are simple and small steps, but they are firm ones that support me to higher levels of skincare.

Try some of tips and if they help, share with us!


Do you have some baby beauty tips to share? :)
Comment down below!




Cheers x
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment